Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 10: Heartbreak and Happiness

I'm going to write more about this tomorrow, but for now, let me just say this.

I'm heartbroken that the Canucks lost. I'm even more heartbroken at the reports of the riots now taking place in Vancouver. So disappointing, folks! And here I thought we were doing so well, and being so civilized about everything.

However. I can't help but also feel joy at how much this game, as it has done for so many years, has brought our country together. Maybe it's a silly thing to rejoice over, especially in light of the riot disgrace as outlined above, but I'm going to take heart from the fact that the majority of Canucks fans and hockey lovers aren't rioting, and love the game as much as I do.

So tonight, even in spite of the heartbreak, I am going to rejoice in the presence of hockey, and how much joy it can bring to this vast stretch of Canadian soil. Well done, boys. Congratulations on a journey well taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment